Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ocean Waves and Running Water

Original Video: Donald Ritchie- War Games

I did not go with my first idea for this project- I tend to think big, outside my abilities and time.  I struggled with trying to make a video I was conceptually happy with.  I found a video by Donald Ritchie titled War Games.  The video has the sound of crashing waves throughout its entirety.  The video has a deeper meaning about war, but I just wanted to use the audio I heard.  I paired the crashing waves audio with video of running water faucets.  As the water turns on, you hear the sound of ocean swells.  As the water begins to turn off you hear it fade out.  I did not want to focus on the war undertones of the video made by Richie.  Although I do see parallels with today and the video I chose, I decided it really wasn't my artistic style to take it that deep.  Please enjoy my video, Ocean Waves and Running Water, succinctly titled with amateur cinematography.


No comments:

Post a Comment