Monday, April 23, 2012

Does this make me look gay?

I knew this was the idea I wanted to use.  I needed to find a way and design that didn't make this site seem like a joke, or could be discredited.  I decided the best host site to start this idea would be Tumblr.  I created a "Does this make me look gay?" Tumblr.  The more I thought about what I needed to say, the less I found I had to say.  I figured with less instruction, it gave the submitter more options to do as they choose.  The design, like most of my projects, its very minimal.  I didn't want giant rainbow banners, interlocking gender signs, or anything that might make this blog seem like a joke.  My intention for viewers, and those who choose to submit, is to feel good about being homosexual, see others just like themselves, and to join in a community that understands and does not have to be stereotyped. 


9 comments:

  1. Good job. I liked the idea and the design is simple and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, perfect for the community

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all...who is April Beavers...ummmhhhhhm!!!!
    i find myself always telling others that this and that are gay and its never because something is fabulouse! Wonder why we use that term so loosly??? Well I do I can tell you that for sure, is that gay? hahaha
    I like the idea and think it is not only just for fun, but also making you aware to what it is we say and use openly.
    Nice work APRIL BEAVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee,
    I don't you to worry about it too much, but I think you made a project that is "warm and fuzzy." This piece is well designed in that is allows for the post-modern barrage of photographs a community project needs. You succeed in presenting a work that both empowers and celebrates individuals. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I get (and like) the idea itself, but I feel like there are enough A-holes online, that it could go down-hill fast. It would be interesting to see how it evolved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Austin but at the same time I love the idea. It could work as a blog and I think it would not get too much backlash from the homophobes of the nation. And these girls are cute. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a unique idea! Promoting differences is something that should definitely be looked into!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To agree with Austin and Kelsey...there could be potential if this were a blog or something else you could essentially "join" so you don't get stupid haters. But aside from that, I LOVE IT. I may even have some photos to post for it haha.

    ReplyDelete